MEDIA ANNOUNCEMENT – October 19, 2020
“This season, The Snowsuit Fund anticipates an increase in the number of families needing our support due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve been helping to keep Ottawa’s vulnerable children warm for almost 40 years and we have no intention of stopping now, when our community needs us more than ever. We are determined to ensure that every child can enjoy winter the way it’s meant to be enjoyed” states Trina Fraser, newly appointed Chairperson, The Snowsuit Fund’s Volunteer Board of Directors.
The mandate is clear. The Snowsuit Fund (SSF) is communicating its message with objectives that will fulfill its mission despite challenging circumstances.
- 16,000+ snowsuits are needed this season
- 6,500+ families are relying on SSF for support
- $50 is the cost of 1 snowsuit
Media Opportunities for Interviews and Features:
- Explore the Impact Stories – New Canadian, Single Mom, Volunteer Giving Back
- Examine the New Partnerships with Boomerang Kids + the Give Shop
- Expand on “Gala-in-a Box” coming November 28th
More details to be released next week.
Knock on Wood Communications and Events Inc.