In order to make sure that children truly in need receive a warm snowsuit this winter, we must ask that you bring several pieces of ID with you when you visit our Depot to pick up your snowsuit. The Snowsuit Fund serves newborns to age 15 living in Ottawa.
ALL clients, regardless of their income status
- Bring documentation proving your child’s date of birth
- Bring documentation showing proof of address in Ottawa
- Bring documentation indicating your income status (please see below)
If you are on Ontario Works or ODSP
Example of Ontario WorksExample of ODSP
- Bring your current or past month’s Ontario Works Statement of Assistance/drug card.
If you are low income
Example of Child Tax BenefitExample of GST Notice
- Bring either your Child Tax Benefit or GST notice (base year 2020). These are mailed to you in July if you have filed your income tax prior to April 30, 2020.
If you are a new arrival to Canada
Example of RAP FormExample of Start-Up Allowance
- Provide your date of arrival with RAP form/start-up allowance OR drug card (if applicable).
If you are a Gatineau resident
How do I prove my child's date of birth?
- Birth Certificate
- Statement of Live Birth
- Permanent Resident Card
- Citizenship Card
How do I prove that I live in Ottawa?
- Ontario Driver’s License
- Lease Agreement
- Utility bills (Hydro, Enbridge, Bell, Rogers)